Going abroad or International mobility
Repeated opportunities for international mobility are a feature of our courses at ISIT. These many experiences in international mobility are especially suited to students who are passionate about multilingualism with a strong international dimension. What could be more natural for a Grande Ecole specializing in cultural awareness!
International exposure at the heart of our courses
Mobility in one of ISIT’s 100 partner universities, internships worldwide, double degrees: international exposure is an integral part of all our courses.
All ISIT students take part in university exchanges at one of the school’s partner universities worldwide :
- Either in the 2nd semester of their 2nd year, in which case they must do a compulsory internship in the 1st semester of their 3rd year.
- Or for one semester in their 3rd year. Third-year ICT (Intercultural Communication and Translation) students have the possibility of spending the full academic year abroad subject to sufficient places being available at the time of application.
- In their 5th year, as part of the European Mobility in Specialized Translation (METS) program, students on the Master’s course in Intercultural Communication and Translation (ICT) have the possibility of spending 2 semesters at 2 partner member institutions in the consortium.
This academic residency is spent :
- In the European Union under the Erasmus+ program
- or outside the European Union under bilateral agreements.
Spotlight on the Erasmus+ program
Students’ time at ISIT is punctuated by compulsory internships each year. These have to be carried out abroad at undergraduate level and students appreciate being able to repeat this experience at graduate level.
The vocational experience gained during these internships forms an integral part of ISIT courses, within the framework of continuing professional integration. Depending on the year, it is compulsory (undergraduate level) or recommended to undertake these internships abroad.
International Double Degrees
ISIT has instituted 6 double degrees with leading universities in China, the United States, Italy, Lebanon and Portugal, open to all ISIT students.
For a double degree course, the two Master’s years take place as follows :
- 1st year in the home institution
- 2nd year in the host institution
Obtaining a double degree with one of our Grande Ecole’s partners has many benefits for your personal and professional future :
- assisting and improving your professional integration in various countries and types of organization
- building a wider and more varied professional network
- improving and practising your working languages, including in total immersion in the second year of the Master’s course
reaching your full potential and developing both personally and professionally in two distinct cultural areas
- boosting your capacity for adaptability according to the context and assignment
- reaching your full potential and developing both personally and professionally in two distinct cultural areas
International mobility seen through their eyes
Our students’ and alumni’s time on our courses has been marked by international mobility. Here is a selection of their experiences.
I chose ISIT because of its reputation and the excellent standard of education that it offers & the possibility to study with English.See the portrait