Vocational training at ISIT
Vocational training is accessible at ISIT in order to obtain professionalized training with in-service experience. The following solutions are available:
The ISIT syllabus includes a professional career path which prepares students for careers with an international dimension.
This career path including in-service training (apprenticeship) is accessible in the second year of the Master’s degree for the Grande école program and in the third year of the ISIT-EFREI Bachelor’s degree.
Vocational training provides opportunities to put training into practice, to acquire effective operational competences and to be exposed to real-life working conditions before the degree has been completed.
Vocational training provides professionalized in-service work experience
Apprenticeships within the Grande école program
Students who wish to do so can continue their training with a vocational component during their fifth and final year of studies. This applies to specializations in the Masters’ courses for Intercultural communication and translation, Intercultural management, International strategy and diplomacy and Intercultural digital strategy (double diploma with EFREI).
The Talents and Careers team and the ISIT CFA (Apprenticeship training center) provide assistance to students seeking an apprenticeship contract.
Apprenticeships are 12-month contracts starting from October, organized with one week in two in the workplace until June, then full time in the workplace. Over the full year, apprentices spend 2/3 of their time in the workplace and 1/3 of their time at ISIT.
Apprenticeships in the International Communication and Digital Bachelor’s degree
All students spend the final year of their Bachelor’s degree in an apprenticeship. The Afia/EFREI CFA (Apprenticeship training center) teams place their resources at the disposal of the students to help them find a contract within EFREI’s partnership network.
Apprenticeships are organized from September to September, alternating two weeks in the workplace with one week at ISIT/EFREI.
Vocational training is a win-win mechanism
Advantages for the students
- Personalized coaching with an apprenticeship supervisor in the workplace and a tutor in the university.
- Teaching fees financed by the employer, instead of the student.
- Remuneration linked to employee status.
- Enriching professional insights which can be used as valuable workplace experience when seeking employment.
Advantages for the employers
- A new perspective combined with unique multilingual et intercultural competences.
- Financial support for graduate training, through the French state-funded apprenticeship scheme or by means of tax deductions corresponding to the apprentices’ tuition fees.
- Long-term commitment to ISIT which offers training that is constantly in phase with the demands of the workplace.