ISIT’s research activity is driven by its “research laboratory” dedicated to the analysis and understanding of intercultural processes and practices. It brings together multidisciplinary researchers from the academic and professional spheres.
Governance of the research laboratory
The research laboratory is coordinated by a scientific committee that defines and implements ISIT scientific policy. There are 8 members :
- Three permanent members: the management – the Executive Director, the Deputy Director – and the Head of the Hofstede library
- Three members elected for three years, representing ISIT’s academic departments.
- Two guest members: the doctoral studies director and the research seminar director.
The scientific committee coordinates the laboratory teams responsible for implementing research activities.
A MULTIDISCIPLINARY RESEARCH TEAM
The research laboratory is structured around :
- full ex officio members :
all ISIT permanent lecturer-researchers and lecturer-experts, and associate professors. ISIT lecturer-researchers combine expertise in various multilingual and intercultural fields. Their research work helps to foster ISIT initial and continuing training programs by providing cutting-edge scientific input.
- associate members :
- Senior associate members: colleagues from outside ISIT admitted to the laboratory by decision of the scientific committee after submission of an application and recommendation by a committee member.
- Junior associate members: visiting doctoral students working in the laboratory or students who have published their research papers, as part of the policy of promoting research.
The laboratory currently has 31 full members and 19 associate members, plus each year at least 2 lecturer-researchers with a dual teaching and research remit.
ISIT’s lecturer-researchers share expertise in various fields of interculturality and multlinguistics. Their research feeds into undergraduate and executive training programs at ISIT by providing leading-edge scientific content.
AN INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIC AND SCIENTIFIC NETWORK
ISIT has signed partnership agreements and conventions with graduate schools and research centers in France and abroad. These partnerships enable joint thesis supervision and make it easier to carry out international research projects. They also mean ISIT graduates can complete their theses in associate doctoral schools.
ISIT also participates in collaborative research activities and commissions within the French and global professional networks to which the school belongs: CGE, FESIC, AFFUMT, CIUTI, METS, EMT, EMCI, FIT.
Network in France
- Université Denis Diderot de Paris : CLILLAC, Centre de Linguistique Inter-langues, de Lexicologie, de Linguistique Anglaise et de Corpus.
- Université Panthéon Assas Paris II
- Université Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense : CERT, Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches en Traduction et CRPM, Centre de Recherche Pluridisciplinaire Multilingue
- Université Paris-Sud
Réseau à l’international
- Universidad Nacional del Sur
- Université Nationale de Cordoba (UNC)
- Université Nationale de La Plata (UNLP)
- ED3 – Ecole doctorale « Langues & Lettres » – Traductologie FRS-FNRS (Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique), Bruxelles
- KU Leuven
- Beijing Foreign Studies University- BFSU
- Beijing International Studies University (BISU)
- Beijing Language and Culture University- BLCU
- Sichuan International Studies University- SISU
- Université Saint Joseph, Beyrouth États-Unis
- Kent State University
- Urbana Champaign Illinois
- University of Wisconsin Millwaukee
- Maryland University
University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts, Department of Translating