The communication officer’s mission is to create and apply the various lines of the company’s communication strategy. He/she transmits a clear message and a positive image to the company’s or organization’s various target groups (prospects, customers, employees, general public, press…).
What does the communication manager do?
- Contributes to defining the communication plan by working closely with other departments in the company and that it is coherent with the image and strategy of the company/organization.
- Promotes the image of the company/organization through various formats and messages: creates media and content, ensures that the visual guidelines are made available, organizes events.
- Monitors KPIs indicating the impact of the various communication actions.
What is his/her main know-how?
- Knowledge of the company’s/organization’s operations and activities.
- Mastery of writing techniques.
- Mastery of standard office software and desktop and online publishing tools
- Good knowledge of social networks.
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages
What are his/her main soft skills ?
- Relational skills and negotiation skills
- Listening skills
- Writing skills
- Creativity and taste for innovation
- Dynamism and resistance to stress
- Organization and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work on several projects in parallel
- Discipline and attention to detail
- Managerial and educational skills
- Project management
- Ability to develop a network of contacts
- Gross annual remuneration between 28 and 35 K€ for a first job, depending on the sector and type of company.
- In the communication departments of large companies, SMEs, start-ups and associations or in communication agencies
- A constantly evolving position, suited to profiles combining linguistic expertise, an appetite for new technologies, and the ability to act as a liaison and to make messages accessible to all audiences
- Examples of career paths: communications manager with a company, customer manager or communications consultant in an agency
What training to become a communication manager?
We offer students the opportunity to train in communication through our master’s degree in intercultural communication and translation. This program provides a dual qualification that is appreciated by recruiters.